Well well well, if it isn't the most overused Simpsons reference to date.
Today, we'll help you make your luncheon truly unforgettable with our Steamed Hams recipe. Hailing from Upstate New York, this dish is quick, easy and is sure to please even the most picky guests.
What you'll need:
- 4 sesame seed burger buns
- 500g quality beef mince
- Salt & pepper, for seasoning
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 slices of decent cheddar (or 64 slices of American cheese)
- Iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- The shittest pickles from Woolies you can find
- Tomato relish or barbecue sauce
- Grab the beef mince and gently mix it with salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, egg, smoked paprika, and garlic powder. Don't overwork it, just make sure things are combined.
- Divide that beautiful seasoned beef into four portions and carefully shape each portion into a glorious patty. Pop these masterpieces in the fridge for about 30 minutes to hold their form.
- Preheat a pan or BBQ to medium-high heat. Slap on some vegetable oil and cook those patties for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side or to your desired doneness. Just before they're done, lovingly place a slice of cheddar on top of each patty. Cover with a lid to help the cheese melt in a gooey fashion.
- Go ahead and slice those sesame seed buns in half and toast 'em until they're slightly crispy.
- Stretch your calves on the windowsill. Isometric exercise 🏃
- Assemble your steamed hams masterpiece, despite the fact they're already grilled. Start with lettuce on the bottom bun, followed by that juicy, cheesy patty, sliced red onion, slices of tomato, and a dollop of mayo and tomato relish or barbecue sauce. Put the top bun on and press down gently.
Enjoy with your mates while sporting one of our subtle Steamed Hams t-shirts 👇
Unforgettable Luncheon (literally)